Disputes Prof. Dr. Wächter
We represent our clients in proceedings before state courts and arbitral tribunals, in both German and English. We usually stand out and prevail in the following areas:
- Fact Finding
- Legal analysis
- Analysis and communication of valuation issues
- Technical issues, if applicable,
- Oral hearing (and cross examination, if applicable).
We prefer to pursue conservatively defined goals innovatively and forcefully, and on an intellectually ambitious level. We mostly succeed in putting our mark on a case.
- successful defense of a well-known German Snacks group in a series of million Deutsch Mark litigation cases in Germany, France and Italy after the group changed its distribution system (1992-1994)
- successful defense of the Treuhandanstalt (German privatization agency after the Unification) against claims based on an environmental damages clause in connection with the sale of a chemical plant in the amount of almost fifty million Deutsch Mark (1995-1997).
- successful representation of the Treuhandanstalt German (German privatization agency after the Unification) as claimant in one of the largest cases of Unification-related white collar crime relating to the VEB Wärmeanlagenbau Berlin GmbH (WBB), where approx. 250 million Deutsch Mark were asset stripped from a privatized former people owned business ensuring close cooperation with district attorneys (1999-2004)
- successful representation of an elder heiress of a business as claimant in the avoidance of the transfer of her double digit million EUR valued business (2001-2003)
- successful representation of the buyer of an auto parts supplier as claimant in double digit million Euro arbitral proceedings with a focus on breach of guaranties and culpa in contrahendo (2010-2011)
- successful defense of a joint stock corporation with focus on business valuation in litigation proceedings with single digit million EUR claim value following a share sale (2013-2015)
- representation of a Chinese claimant in litigation proceedings arising out of technology fraud concerning a single digit million EUR claim value (since 2015, proceedings still ongoing)
- successful representation of the founder of a Clinical Research Organization (CRO) in English-language arbitral proceedings after the CRO’s sale to a US VC with a double digit million Euro amount in dispute; with a focus on breach of guaranties and culpa in contrahendo (2014-2017).
References upon request.